Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Jesus Hugged Me

My life BEFORE Jesus = Incomplete, Miserable, Empty, Sad

My life AFTER Jesus = Complete, Fantastic,
 
What I now know was God.....had been pulling me towards him. Obviously....for years....I said NO thank you. I would continue on about my life MY way. MY WAY......didn't work very well!!

Before I asked Jesus to come into my life........I was a MESS!! Lets walk through a typical day for me..... Get up, go to work, come home, watch TV, go to sleep.......repeat the next day.

I had NO friends....just me and Brendon! I made decent money....I could pay the bills and buy some extra things if I wanted. However....I was NOT happy.....I was DEPRESSED.

I felt like my days were wasting away. I never spent QUALITY time with Brendon....we just say around watching TV. If we "hung out" with anyone it was my mom and her friends......or my dad......or my sister. The only reason we "hung out" with them it to make it somewhat look like I was okay.

Here's the thing.......when things get rough in my life........I RUN and HIDE.....you can try to come and find me and bring me out of my shell.....but GOOD LUCK!!

Not only did I run and hide from the world.....I also gained 90+ pounds. I felt HORRIBLE about myself. Why on earth would anyone every want to be with me.....well what do you think low self esteem does to someone.......it makes them run and hide even further!

And Then.........GOD said......ENOUGH
 
God decided that enough was enough......He was not allowing me to say NO any longer. He grabbed a hold of me and hasn't let go!!
 
April 2010, I visited family/friends in Texas. Chris & Alicia had been trying to speak God & truth into my life for YEARS.....but I didn't even listen. While in Texas......GOD should up BIG!!! I didn't know what was coming. During the church service (Easter Sunday).....the HOLY SPIRIT grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go. I honestly do not even know what was being taught this Sunday (I am sorry Chris!!). But the feeling was very overwhelming.....in a GOOD way!
 
It felt like these invisible, strong, protective, loving arms that were wrapped around me. Once these arms were around me I felt safe. I felt like EVERYTHING was going to be okay. The rest of the sermon I was just in AWE and crying joyfully!
 
This was the 1st time I had said YES and given my life to GOD....I Surrendered EVERYTHING!!
 

After I surrendered my life....the rest of my vacation was AMAZING! So amazing that I considered moving to Texas....3 months later! I was making plans while still on vacation about how I was going to move and how things were going to work out!
 
Well, NOW....I realize that I wanted to move to Texas because I thought that's where GOD was! Silly me....
GOD is EVERYWHERE (I know that now).
 
I came home from Texas and immediately started attending church EVERY Sunday. I tried a couple of different churches.....but found my home at Journey Church!
 
September 21, 2010.....I got baptized (Thank you CHRIS)!
 
My life now.....complete! I have been living the past 2.5 years with GOD on my side and I wouldn't change a thing!!
 
Now.....life is not ALWAYS pretty roses....there are still struggles. However....NOW....I had GOD on my side. I have GOD to fight my battles for me. I just have to remember to lean on HIM....not try to handle everything on my own.
 
I said YES......HAVE YOU?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment