Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Obedience

It is absolutely AMAZING what God will do when you let go and let God....when you FULLY surrender to God's will.

I let go and let God in an area of my life where I have completely let fear take over. Most people who know me know that I have been TERRIFIED to pray out loud. I am not even sure if terrified is a strong enough word. It is so bad that I was consumed with the fact that if I even went to open my mouth to begin praying that I would instead throw-up.

Of course....that was anxiety taking over.....and I am not an anxious person (usually).

Over the past 6 months or so, I have started slowly by praying out loud with Brendon every morning on the way to school. Then, on my sometimes long sometimes short drives to work...I began praying out loud by myself. I do realize that it is a little backwards to pray out loud by myself AFTER praying out loud in front of someone else.

About 2 months ago, I was out with friends out to lunch. Somehow...I was tricked/talked...I really don't remember how it happened....but I ended up blessing the food (which was TERRIFYING)!! Granted, there were only like 6 of us there.

Then...Thanksgiving came along....and again I was tricked/talking into blessing the food (STILL terrifying).

Well....that was the last time I have prayed out loud. I have not even prayed out loud in front of my accountability partner/best friend....who knows just about everything about me (good and bad)!

I am a leader in my small group at church, and I know I should be able to pray in front of the people that I am supposed to be helping follow Jesus! I pray every day (and even more on days when we have group) that God would take away the fear and anxiety and allow me to just open my mouth and begin praying out loud.....in front of people!!!

Let me just tell you something.......
GOD IS FAITHFUL, he is amazing, he is always listening, always there for you. He knows best. He has a plan. You just have to TRUST him.

Last night.....I will never forget....and am so grateful for the people that God has put into my life....especially in that moment. Last night.....friends pushed me WAY past my comfort zone....forcing me to step out on faith...completely TRUSTING God.

I was FINALLY able to open my mouth and let the words flow out....without throwing up!! When I was done....I was told that it was beautiful, that I said the right words....

God must have really been speaking....because in my head I was stumbling all over the place...stuttering...repeating myself.....it was not beautiful in my head! THANK YOU GOD for taking over and making those words yours!

The point is.....TRUST and OBEY God and good things will happen. Now that I have FINALLY done what I know he has been telling me to do for a LONG time....it is a HUGE weight lifted. I feel AMAZING that I was able to do it. Still scared to death to do it again and will certainly be leaning to Him for the words to say!

Through our struggles (no matter how big or small) God is there to help us through!

What are you struggling with? When are you going to let God help you through? Have you admitted that you are struggling with something?

ASK GOD!!!
He can help! TRUST Him...COMPLETELY!!


2 comments:

  1. you are a beautiful spirit inside and out. thanks for sharing! spoke to me today :) <3 u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you're still growing and allowing God to take over! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete